Hi all, first post!
Quick question re: Maya API... I want to develop a plugin that operates like naturalmotion's endorphin plugin: i.e. data generated in one program can be controlled and applied to objects in Maya in realtime. Is there a generic method for this (not necessarily solely a Maya API method). I imagine it consists of creating a "scratch file" or some other handle that can be piped into Maya on a per-request basis, but rather than kluge together some nasty code, I hoped there was some cleaner method out there. There's a few communicators like this on the market of course (XFrog, Vue xStream etc), and I'm sure I'll have to do some API work on the target application too...
If anyone needs more details to answer this I'll provide them, but I don't want to get ahead of myself if I'm doomed to failure!
Thanks in advance
Callum