Hi! Am posting here for the first time.
I have a problem with batch rendering in maya 2009 (64).
I have set up a batch render of 200 frames, with maya's mental ray plugin. It is a simple scene with some props and a slight movement of the camera. The batch render shows that each frame takes around 1 minute to render on the average, however, at frame 147, rendering got stuck at 0%, and remained so for more than 2 hours, until i canceled the mayabatch.
I have tried to just render a single frame for frame 147 using the same settings, waited for over 2 hours, and the blur due to final gather points was not cleared up although the picture somehow showed.
I tried to continue the batch render from frame 148 onwards and the render went smoothly until the last frame averaging at around 1 minute per frame.
Therefore I have come to the conclusion that somehow, something happened at frame 147 resulting in me unable to render it.
Anybody has any clues regarding this? Would appreciate the help.