Hi everybody. I'm a long time Maya modeler, but I'm relativley new to MudBox and Normal Mapping in general, so I'm not really sure where I'm going wrong here.
It's my understanding that a normal map can make a low poly model look amaizing, and to some extent, I've gotten it to work in the past. This tree is part of a big scene that's geometrically heavy enough already. It's a little plain as-is, and I'd love to render it with normal mapping instead. Unfortunately, as you can see, I'm getting less than spectacular results.
My low res wireframe is on top. My hig res MudBox mesh is in the middle, and the bottom is my low res mesh with the normal map pluged into the bump map channel set to tangent space. What do I need to do to get the picture on the bottom to look more like the picture in the middle?
