This is to help those and myself. whom attend Art Institutes and purchased Autodesk Education Suite for Entertainment Creation 2010 from Journey ed.com...
This problem only occurs for Windows 7 64bit that I can see from my computer....
An Error message=
Progress Window : maya.exe-Sustem Error
X: The program can't start because splash.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.
tried: i have installed and reinstalled on that same PC with 32 and 64 bit options but it keeps popping up with this same message. as i open any 2010 Maya on this PC Maya begins to load in background while it takes 3 times for clicking OK to get past the messsage. then, the Maya 2010 opens. I DO NOT KNOW IF IT IS SAFE TO WORK ON THIS WINDOWS 7 AND SAVE INFORMATION, SO I HAVE BEEN ONLY USING MY IMAC, WHICH HAS NO PROBLEMS WITH THIS SOFTWARE.
WHAT DO I DO OR HOW DO I SOLVE THIS COMPLICATION?
THANKS FOR YOUR TIME AND SUPPORT
ARI DIAMOND